sex is cool but have u ever had garlic bread
i’m glad the shit that lives in the ocean lacks the ability to leave the ocean because most of it is scary as fuck
If you don’t think different shapes of pasta taste differently you can fuck off
that smug ass look though.
"Still touchin’ it."
when people start getting close to your friends
Can anyone identify this dog breed? He’s some sort of mix. Something with beagle or daschund I think. We found him and are trying to identify breed while we look for his owner.
I had such plans today. 14 episodes of Orphan Black and endless snacks. Then my dad called me and we stressed about loans and expenses for an hour and a half, I tried to drive to get taquitos and my car overheated, finally on my way home and find out my roommate’s be is breaking up with her. Aka my night is now going to be, obviously, centered around making her feel better.
First day off in a month….I can’t win.
|your fav childhood memory?|
Not paying bills
i have money. i can drive.. i can get myself an entire thing of cupcakes right now…
no one man should have all that power
is this what being an adult is like?
Handy tips on how to remove permanent marker from almost anything.
Tips for respecting children’s spaces, competence, and general existence from a preschool teacher:
- Listen to them
- Ask them, “Do you want to say hi to your auntie/grandma/cousin/dad/whatevs” (Hint: they will be honest and this can result in a simple hello or a hug or a silly “No!” depending how comfortable they feel)
- If they don’t want to hug you realize it’s not that they don’t love you it’s that they don’t know you/don’t feel like hugging.
- Just like every other person who doesn’t want a hug
- In the event that you need to move a child EXPLAIN TO THEM WHY and WHAT YOU ARE DOING don’t just move them like PROPS they are CHILDREN and NOT props
- For instance, “I’m going to move your chair over so we have room at the table for everyone!”
- Or “Sorry there was a person running by I didn’t want you to get smushed so I had to pick you up!”
- Remind them that they are people not objects using your actions
- Asking children to do something they don’t want to do but NEED to do often doesn’t work, instead give them a choice, “Do you want to eat bok choy or yams?”
- NOT “Do you want to eat your vegetables?”
- "Do you want to brush your teeth in the bathroom or the kitchen"
- This exercises their ever-growing free will and is especially useful during TERRIFIC TWOS okay TERRIFIC not TERRIBLE they’re TERRIFIC
- Children will copy you, MODEL FOR THEM
- Being over enthusiastic IS beneficial for them understanding emotional and social competence
- "I hung this picture uneven, that makes me sad, hmmm! Oh goodie, I found my mistake! Now I can fix it, I’ll feel much happier when I’ve fixed it!"
- You think it sounds ridic yeah well hearing you do that children around you just learned to not get so discouraged by their mistakes and that it’s okay to try to fix them
- ADULTS CAN APOLOGIZE TO CHILDREN
- You make a mistake that hurt a child, APOLOGIZE and show them how to do it properly and genuinely
- Realize children are fully competent and are capable of making meanings from YOUR implications about race, culture, gender, ability, sexuality, EVERYTHING
- Many three year olds know what the N-word is, what gay means, can identify which children are visably disabled, and YOUR REACTIONS of their answers of questions about their culture
- Children like to talk about themselves so do not ever dismiss what they say about themselves as illegitimate just because it sounds silly or unlikely sometimes it’s true
- Stop talking about how you hate children, just leave them alone if you don’t understand them you don’t have to be complete jerks to PEOPLE you’ve never met
- I will post more and if people have question PLS ASK ME I WOULD LOVE TO ANSWER WHAT I KNOW